Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Field of Light

We have found a cool park in downtown Houston called Discovery Park. Recently, they had an art exhibit called "Field of Light" by artist Bruce Munro.
We met up with the Rodriguez family for dinner at Barnaby's Cafe before checking out the exhibit. It was so lovely, colorful, and peaceful. A real treat for the eyes as the colors rolled, changed, and blinked.

Here are a few pictures taken with my camera phone. Wish I had thought to grab my Canon. Oh, well!
In these three you can see some of the downtown structures in the background.
Here are a few close ups.
 Based on color alone, this is my favorite picture. 
The purples and blues were mesmerizing to me.

Go, Mean Green!
The globes are connected to boxes from which the fiber optic cables run. The cables changed colors causing the globes to change colors. I liked seeing the fiber optic cables. They added light, color, and movement. Here are a few pictures showing the cables.
I like that you can see the outline of people walking between the two fields in the picture below.
It was a nice outing and beautiful weather!

No comments: