Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

D.A.R.E. Essay

Dane came home wearing a medal! Turns out he won 1st place in his class for his D.A.R.E. essay that he wrote (and read in front of his class and Officer Dillard today)! What a wonderful surprise!

“D.A.R.E to Succeed”

Welcome to my D.A.R.E. essay or “D.A.R.E to succeed.”  I will be telling you why D.A.R.E. is educational and important to me. Sit back and enjoy.

I like D.A.R.E.  because I learned about drugs that I didn’t even know existed. When I learned about ecstasy, I was confused. It looked like candy. What if someone tried to sell some to me? That would be terrible because I might get tricked into eating it and end up dying a horrible death, by drugs.

Drugs make you crazy and are mostly illegal. Drugs also can hurt your body by making you itch, rotting your teeth and gums, and by making you have seizers. Drugs can make you addicted to them. You will keep wanting more. You will waste your money too.

All of D.A.R.E. is important, because what if YOU were offered drugs? What would YOU do? Would YOU know what it was? Thanks to D.A.R.E. and Officer Dillard, I can be safe by making good choices.

I promise to stay drug free and care for myself. I hope you will care for yourself too.

By Dane Limbaugh
Ms. Husmann


 Dane has the privilege of reading his essay at the D.A.R.E. graduation in May. 
Can't wait!

No comments: