Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Old Spools

I finally got around to a chore that has been on my "to do" list for awhile now. I condensed 3 sewing baskets worth of items to one. To my surprise, it was fun, in an artistic kind of way. You see, in Nana's sewing basket I found a bunch of old spools of thread. How do I know they are old? They are wooden and are priced to sell at 10 and 15 cents!

The name! The name! Another neat part of the spools was the name " Coats and Clark's." You know... Clark is a favorite name of mine.

The spools were so pretty sitting in the wooden basket. I couldn't help myself. I grabbed up my camera. Before I knew it, 30 minutes had gone by. Okay, 40 minutes. I got some neat photos out of it. Yay!

 Oh, the chore. I was so distracted by the spools that I had to call in reinforcements on the actual sorting part. Thanks to Ed, we have 1 (and only 1) sewing basket! CHECK!

No comments: