Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas Early Morning

Dane was determined to catch Santa in action. Even with his yucky cough and cold, Dane set up camp, in the living room, on the couch. Unfortunately, Dane fell fast asleep and didn't catch the man in red. Santa managed to come and go in a stealthy mode.

Dane's cough woke him up at 1:30 in the morning..... after Santa had delivered the goods. Excited to the core, at the sight of Santa presents and full stockings, Dane woke everyone up except me. I was still up reading and was just turning out my light when the frenzy began! So, at 1:45 in the morning, we opened presents- ALL the presents, Santa's and our family gifts. Hysterical!!

I loved it since I had not yet gone to sleep and am a night owl by nature! The rest of the family? Not so thrilled at being awakened after only a few short hours of sleep. Even the dogs were tired and yawning! But, hey! You gotta love presents any time day or night!

Here are a few pictures from our EARLY morning celebration!

Santa gifts
 Yawning Ellie
 Confused Andy
Family presents

Some of us went to bed after the excitement. Some of the younger Limbaugh's stayed up in toy heaven until.... ummm, I don't know when. I was finally, at last asleep for the first time that night..er, morning!


No comments: