Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Mary Poppins

For an early birthday celebration, the gang and I went to a Broadway Musical of Mary Poppins at the Bass Concert Hall.

Using Nicki's phone camera, we got a couple of pictures.

The girls
Nicki, me, Mary Poppins, Michelle, and Shannon
The gang
Andy, Michelle, Shannon, Mom, Me, Ed, Sharky, and Nicki
The front stage curtain.

The show didn't follow the movie. Initially, I was disappointed but after I let that go, I enjoyed the show for what it was. They had amazing sets, great dancing, and good songs also not in the movie.

My personal favorite verse from the show comes from a song called, "Anything Can Happen (if you let it)."
The verse is-
"If you reach for the stars
All you get are the stars
But we've found a whole new spin
If you reach for the heavens
You get the stars thrown in"

It was a fun night with great friends and a good show! Happy early birthday to me- yay!

No comments: