Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Concerto Contest

Today, for Clark and all the Hawk band kids, was Local Solo and Ensemble. Students play their solo and ensemble pieces in front of judges for a grade of 1, 2, or 3. Then each judge picks out the best solos from their room to go on to perform again in the Concerto Contest.

Clark, along with 11 other students were chosen to perform again in front of 2 judges on the stage. Clark texted me as soon as he found out he was going on to perform again. Mason, Dane and I went up to sit in the audience. Aunt Nicki came to hear Clark play, too.

The winner of the Concerto Contest gets their name on a plaque that hangs in the band hall forever. There was some tough competition; some beautifully played pieces. I have no idea who will win, but I am just excited that Clark was one of the 12 who got to compete. Of course, I snapped some photos- and since my new camera has video capabilities, I recorded some of Clark's piece, too.

Before the Contest began,
with his brother's goofing behind him.
Band director, Mr. Gunderson and accompanist, Mrs. Kesselring
(who was Clark's piano teacher and is now Dane's piano teacher.)
Clark plays "Concert Rondo," by Mozart.

Here is a short video of the end of Clark's performance.
video

No comments: