Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Gummi Bear Birthday

A few weeks ago, I woke in the middle of the night to find Ed sitting on the edge of the bed with his back to me. I could see his arm moving up and down in a chopping motion.

I asked him, "What are you doing?"
He answered, "Trying to stop them from breaking down the wall I just built."
I asked, "Stop who?"
He answered, "The gummy bears! They are trying to break my wall down!"
I paused for a moment then said, "Maybe you should just eat them."
Ed laid back down and went back to sleep.

The next morning he said, "I had the strangest dream!" I thought for sure he was going to tell me about the gummy bear dream, but no! He told me about a dream in which he was driving a potato truck through Georgetown when someone stole his bike out of the back. A crazy chase involving him and Clark, also on bikes, chasing the thief ensued.

I laughed as I told him about the gunny bear dream. To which he said, "You are making that up. I didn't say that!" But, he did! Who could make up that kind of crazy story in the first place?

So, for Ed's birthday, we latched on to the gummy bear dream and ran with it! We bought him gummy bears to eat, a gummy bear t-shirt, and the boys decorated his cake to represent the gummy bear dream. This all happened at his birthday party that we had on Sunday.

Friends, food, fun, games, and gummy bears- oh, my!

Dane drools over 6 feet of ham and turkey subs!
Mason and Mom play the "Gummy Bear Song."
The boy decorated the top of the cake including 4 stripped candles for each
10 years and 1 solid candle for one year.
Ed gets a kick out of the cake!
Clark lights the candles.
The birthday boy makes his wish and blows out the candles!
A gummy bear t-shirt!
Gummy bears to eat!
Michelle and Nicki are multi-taskers!
They can cut, pass out cake, and pose all at the same time!
Uh, oh! They must be down to the last piece! Ha ha ha!
Sharky and Andy chow down on cake!
Kenneth and Alvin dig into their cake!
Shannon, Michelle, Sharky & Andy hanging out at the bar.Betty and Crocker show off a piece of cake (that neither of them made!!).
Grazing at the bar!
Christie and Michael pose all smiley!
Caught Rebecca and Cecil doing the same!
Clark grabs another slice of ham sub on his way out the work.

Happy 41st birthday Gummy Bear Killer, Ed!

Credits- Shannon Sheppard for photos

No comments: