Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rock Camp, Summer 2

At the end of Rock Camp last year, before we got out of the door at Antone's, Mason declared, "I am coming back next summer!" And so he did!

For two weeks in June & July, Mason went to Rock Camp where he was part of an all teen male, heavy metal band. They called themselves, "Heresy."

The end of camp concert, on July 3rd, was again held at Antone's in downtown Austin. Heresy played, "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" by Smashing Pumpkins, "A Tout Le Monde" by Megadeath, "Cowboys from Hell" by Pantera, and " Jump In the Fire" by Metallica.

Here are my favorite pics of my favorite rocker!

Off stage, the band celebrates their awesome performance!
Group shot with their adult mentor, Derrick.
After the concert, we went to Serrano's at Symphony Square for a celebration dinner! I took a groupie picture,... I mean group picture!!
Rock on, Mason!

No comments: