Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Central Texas Battle of the Bands

On June 18th, The Central Texas All Star Drumline (from camp) participated as entertainment, in the Central Texas Battle of the Bands. The event was held at Reagan High School, and included bands from Houston, Austin, and Louisiana.

While we waited for our kids to perform, Ed went to get me a pickle from concessions. I told him I didn't want a hot pickle but instead a cool or cold one. This is what he brought me back! I laughed soooooo hard. I had to take a picture to show! A picture of everyone watching Ed carry it to me would have been a hilarious picture too!

Here are the kids waiting and watching the other entertainment across the stadium from us.

Mr. Bailey waits for the cue to get the kids in position. This was a neat experience for the kids to be on a high school football field with a packed audience watching!
Mason, the snare drummer!

Later that night, I got this text from Mr. Bailey. "Thank you for all your help and support. I really appreciate it! Mason has impressed me ALOT as he developed his snare skills... Can't wait until Park Crest next year!!!!" Wow! It wasn't just me that was impressed! (see post below)

3 comments:

Stephanie T said...

I laughed so hard at that pickle picture that my husband had to see what was funny. He said, "That man sure loves her!"

Way too funny and cute! Hope your having a relaxing summer!

Stephanie T said...

I should mention he also asked if you were pregnant, being so particular about pickles and all. I told him, I don't think so:-)

Lisa said...

Nope, not prego. The next babies in this house will be grand babies.... and that will be awhile still!!!