Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

HHS Spring Concert & Trombone Chior

Clark has been very excited about one particular thing in band this year-- Trombone Choir! I agree! Finally, the trombones get a chance to shine! And we got to hear them at the Spring Concert on Monday, May 16th. What a treat!

They were really good! Clark had two solos in the piece they played. It was so wonderful to hear Clark stand out!

The Trombone Choir was started by a student teacher named John Mayer. I hear he has applied for a permanent director position with the band. I hope he gets it. It is past time for the largely ignored trombone section to get some attention! Fingers crossed!
Warm Up
Last minute instructions from Mr. Mayer
Hit it boys!
The Soloist!

The Wind Ensemble was really good too. I particularly enjoyed a piece called, "Variations on a Shaker Melody." And as always, the Senior recognition was touching. Next year I really will need a box of Kleenex!

Ok, family and friends, I want a full house of Clark supporters at the Spring Concert next year. Clark will be a senior and I will be a blubbering mess. You don't want to miss either sight! As of right now, the date is on the HHS Band calendar for Friday, May 18th, 2012. Mark your calendars NOW!

No comments: