Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Captain Peanut Butter

This week at HPES was book fair week. The theme of the book fair was "Super Heroes."

Dane wanted to be Captain Peanut Butter. We talked to the mom of his great friend and classmate, Sarah. She could be Captain jelly Girl. And that is how the amazing duo was born!!

Sarah's mom, Liz, and I went shopping and bought all kinds of goodies to create the costumes. We even roped in Rebecca to help with sewing. All in all, they came out ADORABLE!!! See for yourself-

I wasn't in charge of the book fair this year. After 2 years of being the book fair queen, I passed the hat to Michelle. I did still work a shift every day except Friday. I also ran the staff dress up contest which included gathering prizes, taking pictures, making posters, and going class to class so that every kid in the whole school could vote!

Here are the 6 winning staff Super Hero photos- in order of 1st to 6th.

Every winner was awarded a $25 gift certificate to a local restaurant. What fun!

The most fun was doing the morning announcements on Friday morning. I had the pleasure of announcing the winners. I made a big deal out of it. I had some kids (including Dane) on camera with me with noise makers to be the "excitement makers" as I read each name. So much fun!!

No comments: