Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Bluebonnets

The bluebonnet is the state flower of Texas. They are a gorgeous blue flower with white tips that grow wild in the Spring. We Texans are proud of our bluebonnets! If you find a full patch of them, you will find families with pets snapping pictures smack in the middle of the flowers.

I haven't taken the boys' pictures in the bluebonnets in several years. This year I decided we were going to do them. I bought all four males matching white shirts and got myself a new white one too! There were several wild flowers patches I had thought we would go try but once we hit the first one, there was no need to go anywhere else. The bluebonnets were thick, other wild flowers were in the area, we were off the beaten path, and the sun was covered by clouds. Absolutely perfect!

176 pictures later, here are the best!

The flowers

And the amazing shot-

The pets
Andy

Rajah

Boys singles
Dane

Mason

Clark

Boys group


These next three make me laugh...
they were taken one after another....
before, during, and after Andy goes in for the lick!


The parents

We tried to do a family shot with the timer but they all came out badly. But that is ok. I am thrilled with the rest!

Side story- I went to pick up hard copies I had printed for the grandparents. The photo tech was reluctant to give them to me. "Are these professional photos?" he asked. I told him I had taken them myself. He handed them over. "Are they good enough to be professional?" I ask. "Yes! Did you use your own camera?" (like I had borrowed one?) "Yes, I did." He said, "These are really good. I really like the one where they are in the tall flowers." He also pulled out the ladybug picture and called it "a really great shot." Boy, oh, boy! He made my day!! Even though he acted like he wasn't going to release the photos because he thought I didn't own them/take them, he actually gave me a huge compliment! :-)

No comments: