Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Birthdays' Gone Wild!

So last week, I turned 37! This is not a number one typically makes a fuss about but for some reason (most likely "pay back") my birthday went wild!

It stared off with a surprise yard decorating on the Thursday before. Several sneaky friends went wild while I was at a school event. I pulled up in the pouring rain to find a "cooking themed" yard, complete with forks and candles stuck in the grass, foil lined trees, roasting pans and and cooking utensils about! I have pictures that were taken by two of the evil decorators. (Really, it was over the top in imagination and use of themed items! They did a GREAT job! I am proud that I have taught them so well!) Oh, and be sure to know that the friends that weren't on site helping were texting my location and plans to the ones on site. It was a professional hit, I tell you!


Plastic wrap, foil, table cloth and margarita glasses!
Straws!!


Next came the out of town family lunch on the Sunday before my birthday. We ate lunch and played games. And here is the wild part- I beat my O'ma at Chicken Foot! That has never happened!!!! Here are Wayne's pictures from the day.

So that should be it, right? On Tuesday morning Ed brings me breakfast in bed. When I finally come out of my room, Clark informs me that I need to go "see outside." I peek through the front windows- nothing. I step out on the porch- SOMETHING GONE WILD! My van was hit!! And the first window I read was "Cougar Alert", which made me snort out loud!! Really, I snorted!!!

I didn't find out until later that my sneaky (and still in trouble son, Clark) unlocked my van so they could go wild INSIDE the van as well!) It was masterfully done! Foil on EVERYTHING!... even an old cup and straw from a restaurant. Evil Masters, I tell you! Just look for yourself!

The outside.....

The inside....


A few days later, these pictures mysteriously showed up showing SOME of the wild girls but certainly not all!!!


It was so wild that I had to call a friend to come pick me up to go to my own birthday lunch!

Here we are at Pho Viet for a girl's birthday lunch gathering.
(Yes, Andy IS one of the girls!)
The waiter brought out a birthday treat....something I had never tried before
...... fried ice cream!

Silly me for thinking the wild was all done. Nope, they had one more trick up their devilish sleeve! SILLY STRING!!!

I think I am glad it is all over! But as one friend put it when talking about who was involved, "there are a lot of people who love you!" Hum, love or hate??? :-)

Happy Birthday to me!!

No comments: