Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Book Fair Day 5

Friday was the last day of Book Fair. That morning I got on the announcements to read off the list of winners from the door prize drawings and the guessing game. We had also run a coloring contest for Kinder thru 2nd graders and a Seek-n-Find Contest for 3rd thru 5th graders. We drew out winners instead of really judging the artistic ability. Same with the Seek-n-Find Puzzle. We drew winners out of any that were turned in completed and had a name on them.

I also read the names of the Staff Western Dress Up Contest. There were some excited teachers and kids!!!! To hand out prizes, I started with the 1st place winner and let him choose from the gift cards. Then I went to the 2nd place winners and so on... till I got to the 6th place winner.

The Book Fair was open for shopping until 1:00pm. At 1:00pm the committee swooped in and we packed up the carts and boxes. The last step was to count the money and get a grand total. Man, did we count a lot of money! In the end, the total amount of product sold was $10,962.40!!! That was $554 MORE than last year!

I was so excited that I called my rep right away! She was excited too! She said that most fairs are reporting lower sales this year because of the economy. She said that a 5% increase was superb!

So we wrapped up another amazing Book Fair week. That means..... "after party" time! The committee and I have plans to meet for margaritas and Mexican food on Saturday to celebrate! Can't wait!

And so everyone knows, I told the committee and librarian that I will not chair the book fair next year. Two years in a row is my limit. I tend to get bored and want to try chairing something new just for the sake of the challenge.

No comments: