Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Trip- day 9 & 10

Day 9
Sunday was Huntington Beach Day. Ed took the boys to go for a few hours of beach fun. I stayed at the house to do laundry and try to stop my sneezing! (Don't know what was in the air but it was upsetting my allergies!)

On the way, they stopped to try the "In-N-Out" burgers. The boys reported that the burgers were great but the fries not so good. Hummmm.......

I wish I had pictures of Huntington Beach but there was some confusion about who was to "grab the camera." Consequently, no one did. So no pics!

We had pizza and salad for dinner with Terrence and Dennis before indoctrinating Dennis into the hilarious world of Ricky Bobby (in the movie Talladega Nights.).

Day 10
Monday morning we pulled out of the drive way at 5:15am. We drove 13 hours to get to Las Cruises, New Mexico for the night. No pics from today either.

We stopped for lunch at "In-N-Out" burgers so I could try my first burger there. I agree with the boys. The burgers were good and the fries bad.

For dinner we stopped at a local New Mexico Mexican restaurant called "Spanish Kitchen." It was interesting. Not the wonderful Tex-Mex we love but certainly an experience and well received since we were "starving" after the long drive!

We plan to get up early and be on the road between 6:30 and 7am. We have another full day of driving since we decided to go straight home and not sight see out here. We are all looking forward to getting home after a long, fun, and busy vacation!

No comments: