Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

Last Day of School

On Wednesday night, the boys were charged with excitement about the last day of school. Dane fluttered around in his butterfly outfit he made in class. Thursday would be the last day of school!!!

On Thursday, Dane's Kindergarten class had a luau party with pizza and fruit kabobs. The room was decorated with luau decor and the kids were all given a pair of sunglasses.

We gave Mrs. Russell her gifts. We gave her an 8x10 framed photo of the class that I took back in the fall. She had mentioned before that my photo was her favorite class photo so I knew what I had to do! We also gave her a gift card to Target to say "thanks for a great year!"


Click the photo to see it up close.

Before the end of the day the kids all signed their names to the glass front. It looked cool!

Mason's 5th grade class had a lunch party. I brought in my big roster full of hot dogs and chili. Another mom brought the condiments. Another mom brought the buns. The rest of the class brought chips, drinks, and desserts.

After they ate, the 5th graders played board games and hung out.


We also gave Mrs. Craddock a gift card to Target. I tried to do a framed class picture for her as well but had trouble with the developing. Something about the picture being shot in a 4x6 setting so that blowing it up to an 8x10 cut off kids on both sides. I didn't know my camera had that kind of power! So I have an empty frame sitting in my study!

At the end of the day, I and some other 5th grade moms brought out the balloon arches, that we had made the night before, in to the main hall of the school. Usually the younger students leave the building first every day. On the last day of school, the younger kids line the hall and the song "Who Let The Dogs Out" is played over the loud speaker. The 5th graders come through the balloon arches to the music, clapping, and high fives from everyone lining the halls. It is a cool deal that started last year.


The funniest thing is that I was all into high fiving the 5th graders and didn't realize when Mason walked right by me. So I didn't get a photo of the moment. Instead I had to run after him and drag him back to the balloons for a staged shot. Oh, well!!

No comments: