Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Avacado Cilantro Dip

I concocted this recipe trying to copy the green dip that is served at the restaurant "Mamacita's" in New Braunfels. I served it yesterday at my hospitality committee lunch. It was a big hit. A couple of ladies asked for the recipe so I decided to post it too.

2 large avacodos
8 oz sour cream
1/2 to 3/4 of the sour cream container for water
2 cloves of garlic
1 bunch of cilantro (cut just below the last leaves- use leaves and steams from the cut to the top.)
2 to 4 Roma tomatoes (seeded)
1 to 2 jalapeƱos (seeded)
salt to taste

Using a food processor finely chop the garlic, jalapeƱos, and tomatoes. Add cilantro next, chop finely. Lastly, add in the avocado, sour cream and water. Add salt to taste.

Serve with tortilla chips. I prefer the "mega- thin" tortilla chips with this dip.

No comments: