Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Nest 2 -Update 2


I checked the second nest today- 9 days since the last post about these babies. Looks like only two eggs ever hatched as there are exactly two babies in the nest. The nest is nestled well into the thick of the tree so it is extremely hard to get a good shot. I was able to get this shot showing one baby. You can see the beak pointing off to the left. Here is "Mad Mom" trying to scare me away. The thing is...... she is scarier than the last mother bird! This mother is quiet when she comes at me where as the other mother was always making noise so I knew her location without looking.

For some reason the above picture reminds me of the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz!

I will stay away from the nest for a while but will check again to see their progression next week.

No comments: