Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, Nana!

Happy Birthday, Nana!

July 28th is Nana's birthday. We had a celebration dinner with her tonight. On the menu was meatloaf (Bobby Flay recipe), mashed taters, zucchini casserole, and key lime bundt cake (Sam's Club).

You may wonder why, when cooking everything from scratch, I would not bake the birthday cake, too. Simple answer. Nana makes a great key lime pie. When I saw the key lime bundt at Sam's Club last week, I instantly thought of her. I knew I had to get that for her- so I did! It was sooooooo good! Very moist and sweet with the tartness key limes are known for, it was a great addition to our comfort food dinner. Most importantly, Nana loved it!



I would never tell a ladies age, so don't ask what year she was born.
My lips would never let slip "1923." (Hee!)

No comments: