Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Movie Recommendation

I usually don't critique movies. I like them or I don't.... I move on. I usually get my movie & rental picks from my friend and favorite movie reviewer, Terrence. In this case, I am going to make an exception.

If you like British comedy (Phyllis, listen up!), you MUST see "Death at a Funeral." It is funny in the way only British comedy can be. The entire movie takes place in one location. There are no car chases or explosions. Instead, you get great characters with clever and smart humor at it's best!

Rent it! Pop some popcorn and settle in for a good laugh! BTW, due to language, this is not a movie for kids.

After you watch it, let me know what you think. I'm off to watch it AGAIN!!

2 comments:

Aus-Cal movie reviews said...

Listen Up! I just previewed "Death At a Funeral" . I was very good. Those who can appreciate British humor will very much enjoy this movie. It strays from the over the top, formulaic stuff of Hollywood and gives realistic, funny entertainment. My rating ***Stars

I also previewed "National Treasure" with Nick Cage. I have to say, I'm glad that I saw it on video. Mr. Cage has done some mediocre work since his big Oscar win several years ago and this is no exception. Let me clarify. "Raiders of the Lost Ark" this ain't, but if you want to be semi-entertained on a rainy Saturday afternoon, its great as a rental, but when its over, put "Indiana Jones" in you're DVD player next, grab some popcorn and settle in for a REAL adventure. My rating - **Stars

Next Week - Reviews of "Gone Baby Gone" and "The Savages" with one of my favorite actors Laura Linney.

Tk -
Aus-Cal Movie Reviews

Lisa said...

Tk, you are so hired!! I look forward to many more Aus-Cal Movie Reviews from you!